I know what your thinking... another coconut oil article about the billions of fabulous uses for coconut oil. Well actually this post contains just 20. Yes 20 USEFUL uses that you can actually combine into your everyday life and reap the beauty benefits.
These are all tried and tested by me and I can honestly say I've tried and (possibly) still use on a regular basis. So if you have a jar of Coconut Oil laying around in the back of your cupboard then dig it out and start using. And if not - pop over to Amazon and purchase a jar (hold on a minute thou - read the rest first).
Coconut Oil isn't just for cooking its a great natural oil that has amazing beauty benefits. Coconut Oil is antibactial and anti - fungal plus it makes an excellent moisturiser for your skin and hair. Read on to learn 20 uses for Skincare, body care and Hair care.
1. Face moisturiser. At room temperature Coconut Oil is solid but will melt in the heat of your hands. After cleansing rub on to your face, leave for 5 minutes to sink in and then wipe the access off.
2. Eye cream. Coconut Oil is great for hydrating the skin around your eyes. It also helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and leaves your skin super baby soft.
3. Make Up remover. If you run out of eye make up remover, place some Coconut Oil on a cotton pad to remove your make up. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and makes a great natural eye make up remover whilst conditioning your eyelashes at the same time.
4. Lip Balm. The fatty acids in coconut oil create a barrier and lock in moisture to keep your lips super soft. Smells wonderful too.
5. Aftersun for sunburn. If you've overdone the sun exposure, Coconut Oil will restore the moisture lost in the sun and help with the healing process of sunburn. I use before applying my normal aftersun.
6. Shaving Cream. Rub some Coconut Oil into your legs as you shave you legs in the shower/bath and your be left with silky soft pins.
7. Great for ingrown hairs. Apply Coconut Oil to the area prone to ingrown hair(s) The oil helps soften the hair to help it grow through and will kill bacteria at the same time.
8. Cuticle Oil Apply to your cuticles before a home manicure. Let it sink in for a minute or two and your cuticles with soften and will be easier to push back. Great for conditioning your nails too. Just remember to wipe of thoroughly before painting.
9. Massage Oil Coconut Oil makes a great massage oil as it doesn't absorb immediately so you can relax and enjoy your massage. Your skin will be left moisturised not greasy. Mix with 2 drops of Lavender and Peppermint essential oils to help aching muscles and mindful relaxation.
10. Healing Bath Add 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil with 1/4 cup of Epsom Salts and a few drops of Lavender essential oil to your bath. The Epsom Salts help draw out toxins and heal aching muscles while the Coconut Oil adds moisture to your skin and the Lavender scent will relax you.
12. Body Scrub Mix 2 cups of Coconut Oil with 2 cups of coffee and apply in circular motions (always towards the heart) all over your body for baby soft skin.
13. Stretch Mark Reducer Apply directly to stretch marks on a regular basis and your stretch marks with start to fade.
14. Cellulite Reducer Mix 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil to 10 drops of Grapefruit Oil and massage in firm circular motions. Follow with dry body brushing.
15. Make Up brush cleaner As your make up brushes carry a lot of bacteria. Rub some Coconut Oil onto your brushes and leave for 1 -2 hours rinse very well and your brushes will be bacteria free, really soft and smelling amazing.
16. Intensive Hair conditioner Coconut Oil makes a brilliant deep conditioning treatment. Before bed; apply to dry hair, from root to tip, comb through and tie up in a bun. In the morning wash out thoroughly. This can work wonders for dry damaged hair to help soften and restore moisture.
17. Daily Hair conditioner. Apply 1/2 teaspoon of Coconut Oil to the ends of your hair after washing, comb through and rinse very well.
18. Static reducer Rub some coconut oil between your hairs and run through any static hair. Great for in the winter when hair can tend to be static.
19. Frizz Tamer If you suffer with frizzy hair use a TINY amount of Coconut Oil through frizzy hair to help tame your locks.
20. Flyaway Tamer. Coconut Oil can also help tame fine flyaway hair. As above; a TINY amunt goes a long way and will help weigh down unruly hair.
*Pictures from google
Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 444 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty
So there's my top 20 Beauty Uses for coconut oil. Have you tried any of these tips? What's your favourite use for Coconut Oil?
Love L x