We're already one week into 2017 and I already feel time is flying. I'm slightly late with this post, but so wanted to share with you guys my favourite make up from 2016. Last year was a tremendous year for make up launches, there was some super pretty to die for collections being released left right and centre. Although I didn't buy into all the collections I did manage to pick up a few cult new releases and they didn't disappoint.
I've managed to narrow it down to just 10 products (which was super hard). These products are they ones who have pride of place in my make up bag and are the ones I'm constantly reaching for and definitely carrying through to this year as firm faves. So with out stalling any further here are my top 10 from 2016.
1. Marc Jacobs Air Blush in Flesh and Fantasy. For me this was one of the most lusted after products of 2016 with almost daily instagrams teasing shots of this beauty I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. The peachy two toned blush is lightly pigmented and leaves a healthy flush to my cheekbones. The quality of the fine milled powder is gorgeous and it has long lasting staying power. It has has won a permenant spot in my make up bag and in my heart.
2. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. Oh how I love thee. 12 gorgeous matte shades that blend together beautifully. I've loved and still love creating smokey eye looks with this palette, the transitional shades have been perfect for autumn/winter and I can see myself using this one right through the year. Its well and truly hyped up in the beauty world and rightly so. You need this one in your life. Full review and swatches can be found here.
3. Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer I started using this one late into 2016 so its a fairly new favourite but as its been raved about so much in the blog world I thought share a quick view on the product. Its a light weight milky primer that glides on beautifully and evens out skin tone whilst minimising pores. It has fantastic staying power with matte foundations and good staying power with the dewy sort. I find this brightens my complexion and enhances radiance. A real winner and totally worth the £30 price tag.
4. Marc Jacobs Dreamer Palette in 07. Another beautiful palette that I have been reaching for almost daily. Its a beautiful collection of shadows packed with seven powdery colours that all work perfectly with each other. This has been an autumn fave as the coppery golds go well with a berry lip. More about this beauty can be read here.
5. Hourglass Lip Stylo in Nude 3. Again, reaching for this one on a daily basis, I can't get enough of this natural pink nude shade. It's really a 'my lips but better' shade. The stylo's packaging is really luxe with a twist up top. And the shape of the tip makes for easy application. The buttery formula leaves a semi matt finish that lasts a good four hours. With constant use it makes my lips a little dry but that's nothing a little lip balm won't cure.
6. Clarins Instant Light Perfector in Plum 08. My favourite berry shade of the year. I just love the formula and finish of the Clarins lip protectors. Clarins really have struck gold as I for one will be forever repurchasing them. Plum is a perfect berry red with blue undertone that leaves a little stain when the sheen has worn off. This has been on my lips for the majority of autumn winter and I'm not quite ready to give it up just yet.
7. Chanel Le volume Mascara - I have my lashed lifted to give them so extra oomph. But with this mascara it really gives them that va va voom lift, together with thickness and fullness. It creates lashes to die for, lashes that sweep your cheeks as you blink. I love it so much it's been the ONLY mascara to grace my lashes last year. I have a huge collection of mascara's and was hoping to write a mascara edit last year but my love for this one stopped me. Its amazing.
8. Mac Nut Cracker Sweet Face Compact in Sweet Peach. I think we can all agree that this collection was the one we were all lusting over this year. The Sweet Face compact homes a stunning champagne highlighter and peach pink blush that work perfectly together. The highlighter is a real eye popping sheen with just the right amount of shimmer. Its not glittery but if piled on then I do notice it emphasizes my open pores. Les is more people. However, this is still hands down my favourite highlighter of the year.
9. Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. I got this for my birthday last year and yes I'm a little late to the party but this hugely raved about gel liner is totally amazing. Blacker than black and easy to apply one swipe with my liner brush and I'm good to go. I've even perfected the feline flick. Its long lasting, if I apply around 6.30am for work in the morning I notice it lasts me to around 5pm before looking like it needs a top up. Safe to say I'm hooked it really is amazing.
10. Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. A total game changer when it comes to concealer. I love using this under my eyes to conceal my heavy shadows. Its a heavy product so a little goes a very long way. Too much and you look caked, but blended with a beauty blender and set with some Laura Mercier setting powder and my under eyes look fresh and bright. I use this on my spot scars too but feel its far to heavy to use as a concealer. If your looking for a concealer to maximum coverage this little pot of joy is well worth the splurge.
So there's my top ten I cant live with out. Its been so hard narrowing it down to just 10 and I've tried to include many that I've not written about before. What's been your favourite make up of 2016? Any cult favourites?
Thanks so much for stopping by I'm back with a new blog post in the week but for now enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Much Love L xx