I do love a limited edition collection and Nars have hit the spot with this playful and bright Under Cover 2016 Summer Collection. Launched on 1st June the collection plays tribute to the glamour of the French Riviera and has original artwork from Konstantin Kakanias on the packaging. The Under Cover collection includes four vibrant dual intensity eye shadows, two duel intensity blushers, three lip glosses and a larger than life blusher in the famous Orgasm shade.
The four duel intensity eye shadows come in four really beautiful shades for summer:
- Deep Emerald - a really vibrant emerald green with a gold shimmer- probably one for the brave as its really bold.
- Pool Shark - Again one for the brave - A stunning bluey/purple with silvery shimmer that would look fab on green eyes. (I couldn't help thinking this one reminded me of the 80's).
- Tan Lines - A gorgeous brown shade with a hint of gold - quite similar to 'Mulch' by Mac but with a shimmer finish.
- Topless - A barely there nude with pink sheen, the tamest of the bunch but oh so pretty.
I picked up Tan Lines and have been wearing it this week blended with nudey/champagne shades to create a soft smokey eye. LOVE IT. I wish that I also brought Topless and they would wear well together but at £21 each I decided to restrain myself. The eye shadow singles are quite small but are super cute. As with all Nars duel intensity products these shadows can be worn dry but if you desire more impact then apply wet.
The Duel Intensity blushes are also super pretty and come in two shades
- Liberation - A shimmering pink and rose blush
- Sexual Content - A dusky peach and soft berry shade
I picked up Sexual Content as the berry shade reminds me of my fave Nars blush in 'Unlawful' which I've hit pan on (devastated), and the peach shade is just so gorgeous. I love a peach blush to give you that natural healthy glow, it's just perfect for summer. Blended together they create a really warm blush which just breathes life into my tired little face. I prefer to wear them dry as I'm not overly keen on the high intensity blush look (on me anyway you can read my previous review here). I find worn wet they can emphasise flaws and open pores. But overall the Nars blushes are an all time favourite of mine the formula and quality is superb.
The Lip Covers come in three beautiful shades.
- Do Not Disturb - a stunning orangey red - gutted I didn't get this.
- Overheated - a really pretty taupe/ rose pink.
- Get Dirty - A dusky rose pink
I'm sad I didn't pick up any of the lip colours, Do Not Disturb is the one I'd go for. It would look fabulous with a tan and reminds me of summer holiday nights (sighs). Get Dirty would have been my second choice but I already have a Tom Ford lip gloss which is very similar. All three shades are wonderful and all very wearable shades.
Lastly in the collection is the famous Orgasm blusher which comes in a larger limited edition size. If your an orgasm fan (lols - who isn't) then it might just be worth picking up.
So there's a little over view of the Nars Under Cover Collection for you. Really wonderful stuff, the only down side is that the illustrations are only on the packaging and not on the actual Nars compacts. But if your passing a Nars counter any time soon it's well worth a look.
Have you seen the collection? What's your favourite product?
Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin!
Love L xxx