Horay it's September my favourite month of the year! Although I'm sad to say goodbye to summer I'm so looking forward to Autumn - wearing leather trousers (faux) fur, chunky knits and berry lips!
For me September always signifies change and a new start, it reminds me of going back to school/collage and over the years my new jobs or internships have always landed in September.
So to start afresh for September; I'm setting myself some goals for the blog - I've been so busy lately and my blogging schedule has been a little sporadic. I got hit with rather a lot of awful spam last month and it's taken me a while to get things right again. I've lots of lovely posts lined up for the blog this Autumn which I'm excited about and I've been busy working with some brands too.
I treated myself to a cute little blogging planner from THE BLOGGERS PLANNERto help me get organised and motivated and so far its working. (but more on that later). I really enjoy writing about beauty but would also like to include a few more lifestyle posts and hopefully give the blog a more personal feel.
The lovely Amy Mia Goldsmith kicked off this month with her guest post on The Health benefits of Honey which is perfect timing as I've been on a bit of a Heath kick at the mo.
So here's my goals - All very much achievable I think.....
- Post twice a week on Sundays & Wednesdays
- Improve my photos - experiment with different settings
- Set up a subscriber button so you lovely readers can subscribe to my little blog if you wish
- Attend a few more blogging events - I've been very fortunate to be invited to some lovely events lately but sadly haven't been able to attend them all as my personal life has just been so manic. (But London Fashion Week is just around the corner Whoop!!).
- Not to put to much pressure on myself and compare myself to other bloggers - this is a tough one as there are so many amazing blogs and bloggers out there but the blogging community is pretty awesome but its hard not to compare my little blog to the big, successful fancy ones. I have only been blogging for 6 months after all.
- Stay positive and motivated.
So on a more personal note this September is also a brings change for my little family. New chapters start for both my boys. Wills starts school next week - he's so excited and looks super handsome in his school uniform (not sure how I feel about being a school mum though) feeling rather old. And also Hugo has his first birthday next Friday. I can't actually believe he's going to be 1. He's almost walking and turning into the cutest little boy. We're planning weekend full of celebrations - a family meal for Hugo's birthday with homemade of cake (I'll let you know how that one goes) and hopefully a trip to the zoo (weather permitting).
So I'm off to search for birthday cake ideas on Pinterest... Hope you've enjoyed my little catch up?
Hopefully I'll stick to my goals - I'd love to hear yours or if you have any tips for me?
Have a great Friday
Love L xx