If your thinking of buying yourself some new make up brushes then look no further than Zoeva.
I was in desperate need of some new brushes so I treated myself to the Zoeva Rose Gold complete eye set. I was a bit sceptical at first mainly because I love my brushes by Mac and Bobbi Brown so much and also because of the reasonable price tag.
But trust me; you wont be disappointed: the set is a beautiful collection of 12 wonderfully handcrafted eye make up brushes. They contain both synthetic and natural hair and some are also vegan friendly. The rose gold finish makes them look so much more expensive then they really are and they will look gorgeous on your dressing table.
I've been testing them out for a couple of weeks now and am really impressed with the quality. They are well made and they don't shed hair. They're a pleasure to use and I've kinda found doing my eye make up a lot more enjoyable. The blending brushes are fab for creating a smokey eye (my go to make up look for pretty much every occaision) and the 317 wing liner brush is making a feline flick a whole lot easier; I have no idea why I didn't purchase one of these before!
Zoeva is a German based beauty brand with a wide range of cosmetics and excellent selection of make up brushes either sold seperatly or in a collection.
This set is £56.95, for a set of 12, this is fantastic value when you consider a Mac brush will set you back around £15. Each collection comes with a Zoeva luxe leather pouch for storing or transporting your brushes. I'm already eyeing up the Luxe Prime Brush Set (£68.50) for my next purchase.
So here's what you get:
- 142 Concealer and Buffer Brush - Super soft and perfect for the delicate skin around your eyes. The round bristles are perfectly designed to fit into the smallest creases. I've been using this with Mac Prolong wear concealer and its a winning combo.
- 224 Luxe Defined Crease Brush - If I'm honest this is probably the one I've used the least. I find the bristles a bit long and awkward but I'm working on that and this is a great tool for blending in a smokey eye in the crease of your eyelid
- 226 Smudger Brush- I LOVE this brush. My favourite of the bunch. Great for creating a sexy, smudgy, smokey eye. The 226 brush works really well with kohl liners along your top and bottom lash line. Great for blending powder eye shadow too.
- 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush - A soft eye shadow brush which applies eyeshadow really well also great for loose pigment eye shadows. If I'm honest I still prefer my mac 217 brush but this one comes a close second.
- 228 Luxe Crease Brush - Great little brush for contouring your eyes.
- 230 Luxe Pencil Brush - The pointed shaped bristles are great for getting into the corners of your eyes and creating a more dramactic layered smokey eye. I found this one a little sharp at first but maybe because I wasn't using it correctly!
- 231 Luxe Petite Crease Brush - This is another favourite. A tapered eye shadow brush which accentuates the crease of the eyes, wonderful for definition.
- 234 Luxe Smoky Shader Brush - The ultimate eye shadow brush for creating professional smoky effects. effortless application of eye shadow on the upper and lower lid.
- 237 Detail Shader Brush - A small and dense eye shadow brush, its super soft and the domed shape expertly crafted.
- 315 Fine Liner Brush - This works well with Illamasque precision gel liner. Its so fine and precise great for achieving the perfect top liner. All you need is a steady hand!
- 317 Wing Liner Brush - My saviour when it comes to the feline flick. It's got a great angle and I've never found creating a flick so easy (move over Cleopatra). Works well with gel or liquid liners. Vegan friendly bristles.
- 322 Brow Line Brush - A short, angled brush which makes application of brow colour and powder a breeze. This one is also vegan friendly.
Do you use any of the Zoeva brushes? which ones are your favourites?
Love L xx